Rhonda Santen Seriously Injured in Highway 4 Head-On Crash in Cottage Springs
Rhonda Santen Suffers Major Injuries in Cottage Springs Collision on Highway 4 near Beatrice Drive
Cottage Springs, California (August 3, 2021) – Rhonda Santen, 65, of Pinole, was among three people who were flown to trauma centers following a Monday afternoon traffic crash in Cottage Springs, according to the California Highway Patrol said.
The major-injury collision happened at about 1:30 p.m. Monday, August 2, in the westbound lane of Highway 4, just east of Beatrice Drive.
The CHP said a 23-year-old Bear Valley woman was driving a 2003 Subaru Outback eastbound when, for unknown reasons, the Outback crossed the double-yellow lines into the opposite lane, where it collided head-on with a westbound 2020 Subaru Forester, driven by Santen.
3 Injured in Cottage Springs Head-On Collision
Santen suffered major injuries and was airlifted to Doctors Medical Center in Modesto.
The Bear Valley woman sustained moderate injuries and was airlifted to UC Davis Medical Center. Her 3-year-old passenger was also flown to the same hospital with major injuries.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.