Orcutt, CA: Head-On Collision on Highway 101
At Least 1 Injured in Orcutt Crash on Highway 101 at Santa Maria Way
Orcutt, California (August 12, 2021) – Minor injuries were reported following an early Thursday morning head-on crash in Orcutt, the California Highway Patrol said.
The two-vehicle crash was reported at around 5:38 a.m. on Highway 101 at Santa Maria Way.
According to the CHP, a semi-truck collided head-on with an SUV on the northbound side of Highway 101.
2-Vehicle Crash on Highway 101 in Orcutt
The crash resulted in minor injuries. The exact number of injured parties and their identities were not immediately disclosed.
The crash prompted the authorities to temporarily close the northbound 101 off-ramp at Santa Maria Way.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.