Merced, CA: 1 Airlifted after DUI Crash on Highway 140
One Critically Injured in Fiery Highway 140 Accident near Kibby Road in Merced
Merced, California (August 16, 2021) – One person was airlifted to a hospital following an alleged DUI car crash in Merced late Sunday night, authorities said.
At about 11:35 p.m. Sunday, August 16, Merced police responded to eastbound Highway 140 near Kibby Road to investigate the report of a fiery traffic collision.
According to the police, a 43-year-old man was driving a pickup truck on Highway 140 when, for unknown reasons, he crashed into one of four vehicles stopped in the area due to road construction.
After the impact, the pickup veered off the road and caught on fire. The CHP said the driver was pulled out of the vehicle before it was fully engulfed by flames.
Highway 140 Collision in Merced
The pickup driver sustained major injuries and was airlifted to a hospital in Modesto, where he was listed in critical condition.
The occupants of the other vehicles involved sustained minor injuries in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the collision is urged to call the authorities at 209-388-7754. Those who wish to report anonymously can call 209-385-4725.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.