Manuel Landaverde and Jorge Mira Killed in Fresno Car Crash on Highway 180 at James Road
Manuel Landaverde and Jorge Mira Killed in Head-On Collision on Highway 180 at James Road in Fresno
Fresno County, California (August 17, 2021) – The authorities have disclosed the identities of two people who were killed in a car crash near Kerman on Monday evening.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the accident happened on Highway 180 at James Road at about 6:30 p.m. August 16.
33-year-old Jorge Mira was driving a Ford westbound on the roadway when he lost control and collided head-on with an eastbound Honda Odyssey driven by 21-year-old Manuel Landaverde.
A man driving a Dodge pickup behind the Odyssey swerved to avoid the crash but the manoeuvre caused the pickup truck to overturn.
Mira and Landaverde, both residents of Kerman, died at the scene of the accident.
2 Killed, 4 Injured in Fresno Car Accident at Highway 180 and James Road
A 24-year-old woman, a 16-year-old boy, and a baby who were riding in the Honda sustained moderate to major injuries and were transported to Community Regional Medical Center for treatment.
The driver of the Dodge was also taken to the hospital with moderate injuries.
Although an investigation into the accident is ongoing, the police believe the driver of the Ford may have been under the influence.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
The CHP is investigating the cause of the accident.
Car accidents can happen anywhere to anyone. These accidents can leave the injured people and their families with huge medical bills and other financial burdens caused by the inability to work. Physical pain and post-injury trauma can last a lifetime. Our car accident lawyers, however, are devoted to fighting for compensation for the injured people. Our attorneys have decades of experience handling all manner of accidents and personal injury claims.
If your injuries were a result of the negligent actions of a third party, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your injuries. If you decide to make a personal injury claim, you will need an expert attorney on your side. If a loved one was killed in a car accident, the family is entitled to wrongful death benefits.
You should keep in mind that California’s statute of limitations requires an injured person to bring a claim within two years after the car accident. Therefore, it is very crucial to file a claim a soon as possible.
Your insurance carrier may attempt to dispute your claim or pay you less than you deserve. Our skilled attorneys will fight to protect your rights and maximize your claims. We will sit down with you to discuss your situation in more detail to establish liability and all the possible areas of compensation beyond medical treatment.
If you were injured in a car accident, our lawyers are here to help you navigate the process efficiently and in the fastest possible time.
What to Do At the Accident Scene
Nobody is ever prepared for an accident. However, knowing what to do in case you are involved in an accident is very crucial. The following steps will help you ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Stay at the scene and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries and immediately call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
- Notify the police even if no one is injured. The police will examine the scene and document the accident. At this point, it is important to record accurate information. You can later request a police report.
- If the accident is minor, it is advisable to move the vehicles to the shoulder and turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to ensure the safety of other motorists.
- Gather information about the other drivers involved in the accident. Also, talk to witnesses and get their information.
- If possible, take photos of the damage to your car and the surrounding area.
- Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with anyone. Do not sign any papers unless requested by the police.
- Do not leave the accident scene until the police have left.
After leaving the accident scene,
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get a copy of the accident report from the police.
- Get a property damage valuation.
- If you were injured in the accident, keep detailed notes of your injuries and track your medical treatment.
- Contact a reputable personal injury attorney to protect your rights.
- Seek legal advice before you contact your insurer to discuss your car accident claim and compensation for your personal injuries. A qualified attorney will help you recover the maximum amount of damages.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident or lost a loved one, contact Pacific Attorney Group today to talk to an experienced car accident attorney. Click to call : 866-803-6502