El Sobrante: Rider Suffers Major Injuries in Motorcycle Crash on Interstate 80 Near El Portal Drive
El Sobrante Accident on Interstate 80 Near El Portal Drive Results in Major Injuries
El Sobrante, California (August 8, 2021) – A motorcyclist sustained major injuries in a collision with a vehicle Friday afternoon in El Sobrante, the California Highway Patrol said.
The major injury motorcycle crash happened on Interstate 80 just about 3:20 p.m.
The accident involved a motorcycle and a vehicle that crashed on the eastbound side of the freeway for undetermined reasons.
Major Injury El Sobrante Motorcycle Accident
The rider sustained major injuries, including a broken left arm following the collision.
Meanwhile, the involved motorist remained at the scene and cooperated with the law enforcers.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.