Oscar Robles Injured in Fatal Head-On Collision on Highway 152 in Los Banos
Oscar Robles Among 2 Injured in Los Banos Crash on Highway 152 at Volta Road
Los Banos, California (August 16, 2021) – Oscar Robles, 41, of San Jose, was among two people who were injured after being involved in a head-on crash that also left a woman dead Saturday morning west of Los Banos, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The two-vehicle collision occurred at about 7:10 a.m. Saturday, August 14 in the area of Highway 152 and Volta Road.
According to the CHP, Robles was driving a Ford F-350 hauling a trailer southbound on Volta Road when he tried to cross the highway.
As Robles attempted to travel southbound across the eastbound lanes, he failed to see a 2013 Hyundai Elantra who was traveling in the No. 2 eastbound lane.
The Ford reportedly went directly into the path of the Hyundai. The Ford ultimately collided head-on with the Hyundai.
Head-On Collision on Highway 152 in Los Banos Kills 1, Injures 2
Robles sustained minor injuries but declined medical treatment while Martinez was airlifted to Doctors Hospital in Modesto with major but non-life-threatening injuries.
A 55-year-old woman, who was a passenger in the Hyundai, suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to the hospital, where she later succumbed to her injuries. Her name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.