1 Seriously Injured in Lodi Car Crash on Highway 12 near Interstate 5
Lodi, California (June 11, 2021) – One person was seriously injured Thursday morning in a two-vehicle collision in Lodi, according to the California Highway Patrol.
At around 8:13 a.m. Thursday, June 10, CHP officers received a report about the accident on Highway 12, just west of Interstate 5.
Two vehicles collided in the westbound lane of Highway 12 in unclear circumstances, according to the CHP. Authorities said a metal guard rail in the center median area was damaged in the crash.
One patient, whose name was not immediately disclosed, was taken to a hospital with major injuries.
The crash prompted the officers to temporarily close the westbound lanes of Highway 12 near Interstate 5.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.