Clarissa Leimis Injured in Llano Car Crash on Highway 138 near Fort Tejon Road
Llano, California (September 15, 2021) – Clarissa E. Leimis, 41, of Banning, has been identified as one of the two people who were injured last week on Friday evening following a traffic crash that also left another person dead in Llano, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The crash happened at about 5:12 p.m. Friday, September 10, on Highway 138, just west of Fort 0Tejon Road.
According to the CHP, a 2008 Nissan Altima, driven by Isaiah Garrett, 19, of Palmdale, was traveling eastbound on Highway 138 while a 2021 Ram 1500, driven by Lloyd Marcus, 43, of Banning, was heading westbound.
For unknown reasons, the Nissan veered to the left and entered the opposite lane, where it collided with the Ram.
Garrett was declared deceased at the scene.
Marcus and his passenger, Leimis, sustained major injuries in the crash. Marcus was taken to Northridge Hospital while Leimis was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information or who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the Antelope Valley CHP Office at 661-948-8541.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.