Israel Lara Killed in 3-Vehicle Crash at Highway 180 and Oliver Street in Fresno County
Israel Lara ID’d as Man Killed in Fresno County Collision at Highway 180 and Oliver Street near Sanger
Fresno County, California (August 8, 2021) – The man who died Saturday afternoon following a three-vehicle crash in Fresno County has been identified as Israel Lara, 60, of Sanger.
According to California Highway Patrol, the deadly crash occurred at around 2:20 p.m. Saturday, August 7, at the intersection of Highway 180 and Oliver Street near Sanger.
CHP said Lara was driving a Ford Escort southbound on Oliver Street and stopped at the intersection.
Lara then pulled out in front of a vehicle that was heading westbound on Highway 180. A Hyundai Tucson, driven by a man in his 40s, ultimately crashed into the driver-side door of the Escort.
A man in his 30s driving a Ford Econoline van westbound on Highway 180 drifted to avoid the Hyundai but ended up colliding with it.
Following the collision, the three vehicles came to a stop on the northwest side of Oliver north of the highway.
Man Killed in Sanger Multi-Vehicle Crash Identified
Lara was declared deceased at the scene.
Other parties in the other two vehicles were transported to a nearby hospital with minor injuries.
It is undetermined whether drugs or alcohol were a factor in the collision.
No further details were available.
Authorities are working to determine the cause of the collision.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.