Isaiah Garrett ID’d as Driver Killed in Traffic Collision on Highway 138 near Fort Tejon Road in Llano
Llano, California (September 15, 2021) – The driver who died last week on Friday evening following a traffic collision in Llano has been identified by Los Angeles County Coroner’s Bureau as Isaiah Garrett, 19, of Palmdale.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the deadly crash occurred at about 5:12 p.m. Friday, September 10, on Highway 138, just west of Fort Tejon Road.
The CHP said Garrett was driving eastbound on Highway 138 when, for unknown reasons, his 2008 Nissan Altima drifted to the left and entered the westbound lane, where it collided with a 2021 Ram 1500 that was heading westbound.
Driver Killed in Highway 138 Collision Identified as Palmdale Man
Garrett was declared deceased at the scene.
The driver of the Ram, Lloyd Marcus, 43, and his passenger, Clarissa E. Leimis, 41, both from Banning, sustained major injuries in the crash. Marcus was taken to Northridge Hospital while Leimis was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information or who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the Antelope Valley CHP Office at 661-948-8541.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.