Ibrahim Homran Injured in Fatal Car Crash on Highway 65 in Porterville
Ibrahim Homran Seriously Injured in Porterville Crash on Highway 65 near Morton Avenue
Porterville, California (August 7, 2021) – Ibrahim Homran, 23, of Bakersfield, was seriously injured after being involved in a deadly traffic crash in Porterville early Friday morning.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the crash occurred at around 3:12 a.m. Friday, August 6 on Highway 65 near Morton Avenue.
A 2014 International carrying diesel tank was heading southbound on Highway 65 when the semi-truck had a tire failure and slammed into a guard rail.
The semi-truck came to a rest in the oncoming lanes and was then hit on the left rear by a southbound 2021 GMC Sierra driven by Homran, and a 2003 Honda Accord driven by a 21-year-old Porterville man.
Fatal Car Crash on Highway 65 in Porterville
The Honda driver was pronounced dead at the scene. His name was being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
Homran was airlifted to the Kaweah Delta Medical Center with major injuries. A passenger in the Honda also sustained major injuries and was taken by ground ambulance to the same hospital.
The driver of the big rig sustained minor injuries.
Southbound Highway 65 between Henderson and Olive Avenues was closed while crews clean up the diesel spilled from the truck.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.