San Francisco, CA: Minor Injuries Sustained in Motorcycle Collision on Highway 101 near Cesar Chavez Street Off-Ramp
At Least 1 Suffers Minor Injuries in San Francisco Crash on Highway 101 near Cesar Chavez Street Off-Ramp
San Francisco, California (August 4, 2021) – Authorities are investigating a minor injury motorcycle collision that happened Tuesday afternoon in San Francisco.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the incident happened at around 12:33 p.m. on northbound Highway 101 near Cesar Chavez Street off-ramp.
A fully dressed Harley-Davidson motorcycle collided with another vehicle for unknown reasons.
The rider was lying down in the No. 1 lane after the crash.
Paramedics responded to the scene to help at least one person who sustained minor injuries. It was not clear if that patient was hospitalized.
The Nos. 1 and 2 lanes of the northbound Highway 101 remained blocked for an unknown period following the crash.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.