Gold Hill, CA: 2 Seriously Injured in DUI Crash on Lotus Road
Driver, Passenger Hospitalized after Lotus Road Head-On Collision in Gold Hill; Daniel Lee Arrested
El Dorado County, California (August 13, 2021) – A driver and their passenger were seriously injured last week on Thursday following an alleged DUI car crash in the Gold Hill unincorporated community in El Dorado County.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the major injury collision happened at around 6:35 p.m. on August 5 on Lotus Road.
CHP said a Ford Ranger was traveling southbound on Lotus Road when, for undetermined reasons, it collided head-on with a Kia Soul that was heading northbound.
Major Injury Head-On Crash in El Dorado County
The driver and passenger of the Kia were transported to a local hospital with major injuries. The names of the patients and their conditions were not immediately disclosed.
The driver of the Ford, later identified as Daniel Gene Lee, 41, of Shingle Springs, was taken to Marshall Hospital to be treated for his injuries before being booked into custody on suspicion of DUI. His bail was set at $325,000.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.