Tulare, CA: Pedestrian Hit, Killed by Vehicle on Avenue 216
Person Killed in Tulare Pedestrian Accident on Avenue 216 near Road 68
Tulare, California (August 18, 2021) – A pedestrian died after being struck by a vehicle last week on Monday near Tulare, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The deadly accident was reported at around 9:45 p.m. Monday, August 9, on Avenue 216, just east of Road 68.
CHP said the pedestrian, only identified as a male victim, was walking northbound across the eastbound lane of Avenue 216 when he was hit by a 2021 Ford F-250 driven by Michael Ramos, 41, of Corcoran.
Pedestrian Hit, Killed by Vehicle in Tulare County Monday, August 9
The pedestrian, whose name has not been released pending family notification, was taken to Tulare District Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
Authorities said neither alcohol nor drugs were suspected factors in the crash.
The accident remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call the Visalia CHP Office at 559-734-6767.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.