Sacramento Man Killed in Highway 99 Crash in Keyes
54-Year-Old Sacramento Man Killed in Keyes Truck Accident on Highway 99 near Faith Home Road
Keyes, California (August 13, 2021) – A 54-year-old Sacramento man was killed early Friday morning in a traffic accident near Keyes, the California Highway Patrol said.
The deadly crash happened at around 3:15 a.m. on Highway 99, just north of Faith Home Road.
According to the CHP, the Sacramento man was driving northbound on Highway 99 when, for undetermined reasons, his big rig veered off the roadway and sideswiped another semi-truck and a Toyota Camry that were parked on the shoulder.
The big rig then continued in a northeasterly direction and crashed a dirt embankment. Due to the impact, the big rig flipped onto its left side.
Deadly Big Rig Accident in Keyes
The driver of the big rig was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
Three occupants of the Toyota, all from Winton, were uninjured. The parked big rig was not occupied at the time of the crash.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.