El Monte, CA: Elderly Bicyclist Hit, Killed by Vehicle on Peck Road
72-Year-Old Man Killed in El Monte Bicycle Accident on Peck Road near McGirk Avenue
El Monte, California (August 14, 2021) – An elderly bicyclist died after being struck by a vehicle Friday morning in El Monte, according to police.
The deadly accident happened at around 6:45 a.m. Friday, August 13, in the 4400 block of Peck Road near McGirk Avenue.
Police said a 72-year-old El Monte man was riding his bicycle on Peck Road when, for unknown reasons, he was hit by a Toyota Scion that was traveling southbound on Peck Road.
Bicyclist Killed in El Monte Crash
The bicyclist died in the crash. His name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
The driver of the Scion, a 20-year-old El Monte man, stopped at the scene to cooperate with the police. Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.