Porterville, CA: Fatal 3-Vehicle Crash on Highway 65
1 Killed, Several Injured in Porterville Collision on Highway 65 near Henderson Avenue
Porterville, California (August 6, 2021) – One person was killed and several other people were injured early Friday morning in a traffic collision involving three vehicles in Porterville, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The deadly crash occurred just after 3:00 a.m. on Highway 65 near Henderson Avenue.
CHP said a box truck was heading southbound on Highway 65 when the vehicle had a tire failure and slammed into a guard rail.
The truck came to a rest in the oncoming lanes and was then hit by a southbound GMC and a Honda.
Deadly Car Crash on Highway 65 in Porterville
The Honda driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The name of the victim was being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
At least one patient was airlifted to a hospital while the other victims were taken by land ambulance. The exact number of injured parties was not immediately available.
Southbound Highway 65 between Henderson and Olive Avenues was closed while crews clean up the diesel spilled from the truck.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.