Carrie Lopez ID’d as Woman Killed in Bakersfield Crash on Calloway Drive and Tumwater Avenue
Bakersfield, California (April 8, 2021) – The woman who died in an alleged DUI crash late Tuesday night in Northwest Bakersfield has been identified as Carrie Cuca Lopez, 43, of Bakersfield, according to the Kern County Coroner’s Bureau.
The deadly accident involving two vehicles happened shortly before midnight Tuesday, April 6, on Calloway Drive and Tumwater Avenue, just south of Hageman Road, authorities said.
According to the authorities, Lopez was driving northbound on Calloway Drive when, for unknown reasons, her white SUV was hit by another car that was making a left turn into a neighborhood.
Deadly DUI Collision on Calloway Drive in Bakersfield
Lopez was transported to Kern Medical, where she later succumbed to her injuries.
The second driver sustained minor injuries and was transported to a hospital.
Alcohol and drugs played a role in the accident, authorities said.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call the Bakersfield Police Department at 327-7111.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.