Shafter Woman Killed in Head-On Collision on Highway 43 in Bakersfield
Shafter Woman Killed, 2 Injured in Bakersfield Crash on Highway 43 near Interstate 5
Bakersfield, California (August 10, 2021) – A head-on collision has claimed the life of a 48-year-old Shafter woman and left two other people injured early Tuesday morning in Bakersfield, the California Highway Patrol said.
The tragic accident occurred shortly after 5:00 a.m. on Highway 43, just north of Interstate 5.
According to the CHP, a 41-year-old Taft man was driving a 2010 Chevrolet northbound on Highway 43 when, for unknown reasons, he allowed the vehicle to cross into the opposite lane. A southbound 2004 Chevrolet swerved to the left in an attempt to avoid a collision.
The 2010 Chevy reportedly swerved right back into its lane and collided head-on with the 2004 Chevy.
Deadly 2-Vehicle Crash on Highway 43 in Bakersfield
The 48-year-old Shafter woman who was a passenger in the 2004 Chevy was declared deceased at the scene. Her name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin.
The driver of the 2004 Chevy was transported to Kern Medical with minor injuries. The driver of the 2010 Chevy also sustained minor injuries but declined medical transportation.
The highway was closed following the wreck.
No additional information about the accident was provided.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.