Arcadia, CA: Fatal 2-Vehicle Crash at Baldwin Avenue and Las Tunas Drive
Driver Killed, Passenger Seriously Injured in Arcadia DUI Crash at Baldwin Avenue and Las Tunas Drive
Arcadia, California (August 8, 2021) – A male driver was killed and his passenger was seriously injured Friday night in an alleged DUI crash in an Arcadia intersection, according to authorities.
The deadly accident happened at around 10:50 p.m. Friday, August 6 at the intersection of Baldwin Avenue and Las Tunas Drive.
Authorities said a vehicle, driven by a suspected drunken motorist, was heading eastbound on Las Tunas Drive at a high rate of speed when the suspect lost control of the vehicle.
The suspect’s vehicle then crossed over the raised center driver into the opposite lane and collided head-on with a westbound vehicle.
Deadly Head-On Car Crash in Arcadia
The driver of the westbound vehicle, whose name has not been disclosed pending notification of next of kin, was declared dead at the scene while his passenger was extricated from the vehicle and taken to Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena with major injuries.
The suspected DUI driver, who was the sole occupant of their vehicle, was transported to Huntington Memorial for further evaluation.
No other details regarding the collision were immediately available.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information or who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the Arcadia police at 626-574-5151 or Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.