Hollywood Hills, CA: 5 Pedestrians Struck, Killed by Vehicle on W Mulholland Drive
5 Injured, 2 Critically, after Hollywood Hills Pedestrian Accident on West Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, California (August 15, 2021) – Five pedestrians were struck and injured by a vehicle Sunday night in the Hollywood Hills neighborhood in Los Angeles, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.
The major injury pedestrian collision was reported at around 9:08 p.m. in the 7080 block of West Mulholland Drive.
Authorities said a vehicle hit five people under unclear circumstances on West Mulholland Drive.
5 Hurt in Pedestrian Accident in Hollywood Hills
Two patients, a 16-year-old girl and a 19-year-old man, were taken to a hospital with critical injuries. Three other people sustained minor injuries but declined medical transportation.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.