Cottage Springs, CA: 3 Hospitalized after Major Injury Crash on Highway 4 near Beatrice Drive
3-Year-Old Boy, 2 Women Hospitalized with Major Injuries after Cottage Springs Crash on Highway 4
Cottage Springs, California (August 2, 2021) – A 3-year-old boy and two women were flown to hospitals after a Cottage Springs crash that happened Monday afternoon on Highway 4, a local news source reported.
The head-on collision took place at about 1:30 p.m. in the westbound lane of the highway, just east of Beatrice Drive.
As per the article, the wreck involved a 2003 Subaru Outback and a 2020 Subaru Forester.
3 Airlifted to Hospitals after Cottage Springs Head-On Collision
An initial investigation revealed that a Bear Valley woman was driving the Outback eastbound approaching the Forester that was heading west with a 65-year-old Pinole woman behind the wheel.
For unknown reasons, the Outback crossed the double-yellow lines into the westbound lane and crashed head-on into the Forester.
A 3-year-old boy in the Outback sustained major injuries and was flown to UC Davis Medical Center. The driver of that car was also flown to the same hospital with moderate injuries.
The Pinole woman driving the Outback suffered major injuries and was airlifted to Doctors Medical Center in Modesto.
Authorities said they do not believe alcohol or drugs played a role in the crash.
An investigation into the collision is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.