Buellton, CA: 1 Hospitalized after 2 Semis Collide on Highway 101
Driver Sustains Major Injuries in Buellton Crash on Highway 101 at Patron Trailer Sales
Buellton, California (August 6, 2021) – A driver was hospitalized with serious injuries after a traffic collision involving two semi-trucks occurred Friday afternoon in Buellton, the California Highway Patrol said.
The wreck took place at around 2:45 p.m. on southbound Highway 101 at the Patriot Trailer Sales yard.
Reportedly, one semi-truck was attempting to turn off the roadway, and the driver of the other semi did not notice and rear-ended it.
One of the semis caught fire that spread to a nearby brush.
Firefighters and Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s deputies responded to the scene.
An ambulance was requested to transport one driver who sustained serious injuries in the crash. The patient was taken to Marian Medical Center in an unknown condition.
The semi that caught fire was towed away with a burned cab and an empty flat utility trailer.
An investigation into the collision is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.