2 Hospitalized after Rio Vista Crash on Highway 160 near Highway 12
Rio Vista, California (March 2, 2021) – A motorcycle accident that occurred on a highway in Rio Vista Sunday morning sent two people to the hospital.
The California Highway Patrol responded to the major injury crash site at approximately 10:40 a.m., on February 28, along Highway 160 just north of Highway 12.
A Jeep Cherokee crashed with a motorcycle on northbound side of the highway for reasons still under investigation.
Due to the impact, the Jeep acquired broken front damage.
Highway 160 Accident Injures 2 People
Two unidentified victims were rushed to an area hospital after the crash. One of the patients was treated for major injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
The safe riding of a motorcycle can help reduce the number of motorcycle accidents that happen every day. Motorcyclists should be aware of the safety challenges that riders face while on California roadways and know how to respond to them. Such challenges include; Risky motorcycle riding practices like weaving at unsafe speeds, downshifting, reduced visibility by other road users, size of the motorcycle compared to other vehicles, among others.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call: 866-803-6502.