Redding Accident at Old Oregon Trail and Dir Kinder Drive Kills 1
Redding, California (August 12, 2021) – A Redding accident involving two vehicles Wednesday night left a 22-year-old Anderson resident dead.
The deadly crash took place at about 7:20 p.m., August 11, in the area of Old Oregon Trail and Dir Kinder Drive.
The accident happened when a 2002 Honda Accord was moving southbound on Old Oregon Trail at a high rate of speed crossed over the double yellow lines for undetermined reasons.
The Honda Accord then crashed with a 2014 Ford F-150 operated by a 62-year-old Castella man.
As per the report, the Accord continued southbound, where it slammed into a tree and came to a stop in a field just west of Old Oregon Trail.
Fatal Redding Fatal Accident
Due to the impact, the Accord operator, who wasn’t wearing their seatbelt, was ejected from the car and was declared deceased at the crash site.
Details regarding the male Ford operator were not available at the report time.
An investigation into the accident is underway. Anyone with additional details about this crash is urged to contact RPD Traffic Unit at (530) 225-4200.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.