Man Killed in Rancho Cucamonga Pedestrian Accident on Interstate 15 near Sierra Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, California (July 31, 2021) – A pedestrian died after being struck by a vehicle last week on Friday in Rancho Cucamonga, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff-Coroner’s Office.
The crash happened at around 9:37 p.m. Friday, July 23, on Interstate 15 near Sierra Avenue.
California Highway Patrol officers responded to the scene to find a pedestrian having been hit by a vehicle.
The male pedestrian was immediately taken to Arrowhead Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. His name has not been disclosed pending notification of his relatives.
Further details about the crash were not immediately available.
The CHP Inland Division is investigating the collision.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.