Our Porterville Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Porterville is a city in the San Joaquin Valley, in Tulare County, California, United States. It is part of the Visalia-Porterville metropolitan statistical area. Since its incorporation in 1902, the city’s population has grown as it annexed nearby unincorporated areas. The city population was 62,623 at the 2020 census. Porterville serves as a gateway to Sequoia National Forest, Giant Sequoia National Monument, and Kings Canyon National Park. It is the perfect mix of small town and rural land. After a car accident, it’s important to seek the help of a qualified lawyer. A Porterville car accident lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group offers experienced and knowledgeable legal advice to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to get the legal representation that you need!
Primary Causes of Auto Accidents in Porterville
In Porterville, common causes of car accidents include distracted driving, drunk driving, not following traffic signals, reckless/aggressive driving, fatigue, and weather conditions.
Distracted driving, in particular, is a major factor in 80% of all motor vehicle accidents. This includes activities such as texting, cellphone use, adjusting the radio, programming GPS, applying makeup, eating or drinking, talking to passengers, rubbernecking, and looking at billboards or scenery.
Other factors that contribute to car accidents in Porterville and elsewhere include speeding, alcohol or drug use, defective vehicles, and dangerous roadways. To determine the specific cause of an accident, an investigation led by an experienced attorney is necessary.
Seeking legal help from a Porterville car accident lawyer can be beneficial in navigating the complexities of these cases and seeking compensation
Can I Receive Indemnification if I am a Victim of a Car Accident?
Yes, you may be able to receive indemnification if you are a victim of a car accident. Indemnification is a legal term that means to be compensated for losses or damages. In the context of a car accident, indemnification can come from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, your own insurance company, or a government agency.
To be eligible for indemnification, you must prove that you were injured in a car accident that was caused by the negligence of another driver. You must also be able to show that you suffered financial losses as a result of the accident, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you are able to prove that you are eligible for indemnification, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will typically be the first source of payment. Your own insurance company may also be able to provide indemnification, but this will depend on your policy terms. In some cases, you may also be able to receive indemnification from a government agency, such as the Department of Motor Vehicles or the Department of Transportation.
If you are a victim of a car accident, it is important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your legal options. A Porterville car accident lawyer can help you determine if you are eligible for indemnification and can represent you in negotiations with the insurance companies.
How to Get Fair Compensation After a Car Accident in Porterville?
Getting a fair compensation is your right and you must fight for it. Here are some tips on how to get fair compensation after a car accident:
- Seek medical attention immediately. Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s important to get checked out by a doctor. Injuries from car accidents can sometimes be delayed, so it’s important to get a medical diagnosis as soon as possible.
- Document everything. Take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and any damage to your car. Keep copies of all medical bills, receipts, and other documentation related to your accident.
- Get a police report. Even if the accident seems minor, it’s a good idea to get a police report. This will create a record of the accident and can be helpful if you need to file a claim later.
- Contact the insurance company of the at-fault driver. Once you have a police report, you can contact the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident. They will investigate the accident and make a determination of fault. If they find the other driver at fault, they will likely offer you a settlement.
- Get legal help if necessary. If you’re not satisfied with the settlement offer from the insurance company, you may want to consider getting legal help. An experienced Porterville car accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact Porterville car accident lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group Today
If you have been injured in a car accident, then you need an experienced Porterville car accident lawyer that will help you navigate difficult legal and medical obstacles that you will undoubtedly encounter. Call the Pacific Attorney Group today at 1-800-358-9617 and get connected to an experienced Porterville car accident lawyer who will fight aggressively for you. There is never a fee unless we win your case and your initial consultation is free.