3 Injured in Petaluma Collision on Highway 116
Petaluma, California (August 10, 2021) – Three people were injured Tuesday morning in a traffic collision involving three vehicles in Petaluma, authorities said.
The three-vehicle crash happened at about 10:45 a.m. on Highway 116.
According to the Petaluma police, a commercial box truck was traveling westbound on Highway 116 when, for unknown reasons, it broadsided an eastbound Volkswagen Jetta.
The Jetta then spun out into the westbound lane and collided head-on with a Chevrolet pickup that was traveling behind the box truck.
3 Hospitalized after Highway 116 Collision
Emergency personnel responded to the scene and extricated both Jetta and box truck drivers from their wrecked vehicles.
The freed victims and the driver of the pickup truck were transported to nearby hospitals with unspecified injuries. The names of the patients and their conditions were not immediately available.
The crash prompted the officers to temporarily close Lakeville Highway for more than two hours as they conduct an investigation.
Further details regarding the collision were not immediately provided.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.