Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
Identifying Abuse at Los Angeles Nursing Homes
If you have a loved one who is in a nursing home or assisted living facility, there are particular signs of nursing home abuse for which you should be on the lookout. Frequent visits to the facility and talking to your elderly loved one can help you stay in a position where you will notice these signs as quickly as possible. If you do observe any signs of abuse, we highly recommend contacting the proper authorities and consulting an attorney as well. It is important to take action to stop the abuse and also to see what legal recourse you may be entitled to in bringing the abusive caregiver to justice.
Following are some potential signs of elder abuse that may occur:
- Unexplained injuries
- Unreasonable physical restraints
- Depression and withdrawal
- Fear of a particular caregiver
- Significant change in attitude or behavior
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Broken bones, dislocations or sprains
- Continued and consistent bruising or other injuries
- Reports of being physically restrained, slapped or mistreated in any way
- Signs that they have been restrained, such as marks on the wrists or ankles
- A caregiver who refuses to let you see your loved one alone
- Torn or stained clothing or undergarments
Talk to a Los Angeles Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Abuse may take on different forms – emotional, sexual, or physical – and as such it is crucial that you are aware of any changes in your loved one physically or emotionally. Your initial consultation with our firm is free. At this time, we can review the situation and see what we can do to assist you. With our help, you may be able to file a civil lawsuit against the individual or facility responsible for your elderly loved one’s injuries.
Do I Have A Case?
the initial consultation is free
Call or email us to schedule a free consultation. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our attorneys will travel to wherever is most convenient for you to meet and speak about your case.