What To Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident
Our Car Accident Attorneys Offer Helpful Guidance
Auto accidents happen often, but few know how to best react after one. Following these steps will best ensure your safety, and the safety of those involved.
- Do not panic. Try to focus on the situation and look around. Move your vehicle to the side of the road, out of harm’s way.
- Check to see if anyone else was hurt in the accident, including other motorists and pedestrians. If you are certified, provide the injured with medical attention.
- Assess your own injuries and seek out medical aid. Remember, in some accidents, injuries will not show until hours or even days after the accident.
- Call 911 to report this accident
- Exchange information with anyone that was involved in the accident. Such information should include: drivers license number, insurance company information, home and cell phone numbers, names, addresses, and license plate numbers.
- If there are any witnesses to the accident, also collect their contact information.
- Obtain a camera and take pictures of the entire scene of the accident, including shots from different angles. This may be helpful later when you are filing a lawsuit or insurance claim.
- Try your best to jot down details of the accident while still fresh in your mind.
- DO NOT ADMIT GUILT, even if you think you are at fault. Simply cooperate with the police and the assist in making the entire process run smoothly.
- In the case where the other motorist’s insurance adjuster comes to the scene, keep from saying anything regarding your injuries or how the accident happened. It’s possible they are trying to protect their client from liability.
- Do not get your vehicle repaired until your case has been heard. The state of your vehicle can be used in your favor in court.
Why should you hire Car Accident Attorneys?
After you have left the scene, there are still some key steps you must take. First and foremost, you must see a doctor immediately. If you wait, the court will use that against your case. The next thing you should do is to seek out an excellent attorney. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the more of a protected state you will be in. Afterwards, you or your attorney needs to contact your insurance company to file a claim.
Representing victims of car accidents across California, we at Pacific Attorney Group can offer the guidance you need. If you were seriously injured in an auto accident, the steps you take now may directly impact your ability to recover maximum financial compensation. Contact Car Accident Attorneys at our firm and find out what we can do to assist you.
Do I Have A Case?
the initial consultation is free
Call or email us to schedule a free consultation. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our attorneys will travel to wherever is most convenient for you to meet and speak about your case.