At Least 1 Hospitalized after Orcutt Collision on Highway 1 near Highway 135
Orcutt, California (August 6, 2021) – At least one person was hospitalized Thursday morning following a two-vehicle collision in Orcutt, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported at around 5:12 a.m. on August 5 on Highway 1, just south of Highway 135.
CHP said a Honda Civic collided with another vehicle in the southbound lane of Highway 1.
1 Injured in Highway 1 Crash near Highway 135
At least one patient was transported to the Marian Regional Medical Center with minor injuries. The name of the victim and their condition were not immediately available.
Authorities blocked southbound Highway 1 due to the collision.
No other details regarding the crash were provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.