Natividad Saenz Killed in Bakersfield Pedestrian Accident on Columbus Street
Bakersfield, California (June 11, 2021) –71-year-old Natividad Alvarado Saenz has been identified by the Kern County Sheriff’s Office as the Arvin male pedestrian who was struck and killed by a vehicle in Bakersfield last month Saturday morning, May 29.
The deadly crash happened in the 3700 block of Columbus Street just before 7:00 a.m.
Alvarado Saenz was struck by a vehicle while crossing the street outside of a crosswalk in the morning hours.
Natividad Saenz Fatal Bakersfield Crash
Saenz later died on Wednesday at the Kern Medical while undergoing treatment of major injuries sustained in the accident.
As per the dispatch, the involved driver remained at the crash site and cooperated with the law enforcers.
The crash resulted in the closure of a portion of Columbus Street for unknown time.
An investigation into the accident is underway. Police urges anyone with information about this crash to contact them at 661-327-7111.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
If you have lost someone you love in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.