Lloyd Marcus among 2 Injured in Llano Collision on Highway 138 near Fort Tejon Road
Llano, California (September 15, 2021) – Lloyd Marcus, 43, of Banning, was among two people who were injured last week on Friday evening after being involved in a deadly traffic collision in Llano, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash occurred at about 5:12 p.m. Friday, September 10, on Highway 138, just west of Fort 0Tejon Road.
The CHP said Isaiah Garrett, 19, of Palmdale, was driving eastbound on Highway 138 when, for unknown reasons, his 2008 Nissan Altima swerved to the left and entered the westbound lane, where it collided with a 2021 Ram 1500 driven by Marcus, who was heading westbound.
Driver Killed in Highway 138 Collision Identified as Palmdale Man
Garrett was declared deceased at the scene.
Marcus and his passenger, Clarissa E. Leimis, 41, also of Banning, sustained major injuries in the crash. Marcus was taken to Northridge Hospital while Leimis was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information or who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the Antelope Valley CHP Office at 661-948-8541.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.