Joshua Macut ID’d as Man Killed in Wasco Crash on Magnolia Avenue and Merced Avenue
Wasco, California (June 11, 2021) – The Kern County Coroner’s Bureau has identified the man who died Monday afternoon following a traffic accident in Wasco as Joshua Mark Macut, 34, of Wasco.
The deadly accident occurred at about noon Monday, June 7, at the intersection of Magnolia Avenue and Merced Avenue.
Authorities said a semi-truck was traveling southbound on Magnolia Avenue when it stopped for a red light at the intersection with Merced Avenue.
For an unknown, a 2015 Toyota heading eastbound on Merced Avenue crashed into the semi-truck as it entered the intersection.
The driver of the Toyota, now identified as Macut, applied his brakes and swerved to the left in an attempt to avoid hitting the semi-truck but was not successful. The Toyota impacted the right side of the semi.
Man Killed in Crash on Magnolia Avenue and Merced Avenue Identified
Sadly, Macut was pronounced dead at the scene.
More details about the accident were not immediately available.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.