Five Hurt in Downey Collision at Imperial Highway and Paramount Boulevard
Downey, California (September 18, 2021) – Several people were injured in a street-racing collision that happened in Downey on Saturday morning, according to the Downey Police Department.
The accident happened just before 1 a.m. on Imperial Highway and Paramount Boulevard.
Police said two vehicles were believed to have been racing prior to the multi-vehicle collision, which involved at least three vehicles.
A dark-colored vehicle overturned following the accident. A white sedan and a pickup truck also sustained major damage in the crash.
5 Injured in Downey Street-Racing Crash
According to the authorities, five people were taken to hospitals after the accident with unspecified injuries.
Authorities arrested one of the drivers for reckless driving and hit-and-run.
The incident is under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.