Our Delano Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Delano is a city in Kern County, California, United States. Delano is located 31 miles north-northwest of Bakersfield at an elevation of 315 feet (96 m). It is Kern County’s second-largest city after Bakersfield. Agriculture is Delano’s major industry. The area is particularly well known as a center for the growing of table grapes. Delano is also home to two California state prisons, North Kern State Prison and Kern Valley State Prison. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, turn to the experienced attorneys at Pacific Attorney Group. Delano car accident lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group has years of experience helping car accident victims get the compensation they deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What Should You Do Right After An Accident?
Here are the things you should do right after an accident:
- Check for injuries. The first thing you should do after an accident is to check yourself and your passengers for injuries. If anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately. If you are able, move your car to a safe location out of traffic.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s). This includes your name, address, insurance information, and driver’s license number. If there are any witnesses to the accident, get their information as well.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, it is a good idea to call the police. They will file a report, which can be helpful if you need to file an insurance claim or if there are any legal issues later on.
- Take pictures of the accident scene. This includes the damage to your car, the damage to the other car(s), and any other relevant details. This will help you document the accident and support your claim.
- Get a copy of the police report. Once the police have filed their report, you can request a copy from them. This will be an important document for your insurance claim.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you are injured, it is a good idea to see a doctor after an accident. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent.
- File an insurance claim. Once you have been seen by a doctor and have a copy of the police report, you can file an insurance claim. Your insurance company will investigate the accident and determine who is at fault. If you are found to be not at fault, your insurance company will pay for the damage to your car and your medical expenses.
What Injury Symptoms Should I Be Aware Of?
The symptoms of an injury can vary depending on the type of injury, but some common symptoms include:
- Pain: This is usually the most obvious symptom of an injury. It can be sharp, dull, or throbbing, and it may get worse with movement.
- Swelling: This is caused by fluid leaking out of blood vessels and tissues. It can make the injured area look larger and feel tender.
- Bruising: This is caused by bleeding under the skin. It can be black, blue, purple, or green.
- Loss of function: This means that you cannot use the injured area as well as you did before. For example, you may not be able to walk on a sprained ankle or grip something with a hand that has been fractured.
- Numbness or tingling: This can be caused by damage to nerves.
- Deformity: This means that the injured area looks or feels out of place. For example, a broken bone may cause a limb to bend in an unnatural way.
If you experience any of these symptoms, it is important to see a doctor to get a diagnosis and treatment. Some injuries, such as a concussion or a spinal cord injury, can be serious and require immediate medical attention.
Should I Go To The Doctor If I Didn’t Sustain A Serious Injury?
Whether or not you should go to the doctor if you didn’t sustain a serious injury depends on a few factors, including the type of injury, the severity of your symptoms, and your overall health.
In general, it’s always a good idea to see a doctor if you’ve been injured, even if you don’t think it’s serious. This is because some injuries, such as internal bleeding or head injuries, can be serious even if they don’t cause immediate symptoms. A doctor can assess your injury and make sure that it’s not more serious than you think.
Here are some specific guidelines for when to see a doctor after an injury:
- See a doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Severe pain
- Bleeding that doesn’t stop
- Numbness or weakness in an arm or leg
- Swelling that gets worse over time
- Difficulty breathing
- Headache or dizziness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Vision changes
- Loss of consciousness
- See a doctor within 24 hours if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Mild pain
- Numbness or tingling
- Trouble moving an arm or leg
If you’re not sure whether or not you should see a doctor, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and get checked out. A doctor can tell you for sure if your injury is serious and make sure you get the treatment you need.
Do I Need A Lawyer To Assist With My Delano Car Accident Claim?
Whether or not you need a lawyer to assist with your Delano car accident claim depends on a number of factors, including the severity of your injuries, the amount of damages you are seeking, and your own comfort level with handling the legal process.
If you have suffered serious injuries, such as a spinal cord injury or a traumatic brain injury, you will likely need the assistance of an experienced car accident lawyer. These types of injuries can have a significant impact on your life, and you will need someone who can fight for you to get the maximum compensation you deserve.
Even if your injuries are not serious, you may still want to consider hiring a lawyer if you are seeking a significant amount of damages. This is especially true if the other driver is insured by a large insurance company. These companies will often try to lowball you on your settlement offer, and a lawyer can help you get the full amount of compensation you are entitled to.
Finally, some people simply feel more comfortable having a lawyer handle their car accident claim. If you are not comfortable dealing with the insurance company or the legal process, a lawyer can take care of everything for you.
If you are unsure whether or not you need a lawyer to assist with your Delano car accident claim, it is always best to consult with an attorney. A lawyer can assess your case and advise you on the best course of action.
When Should I Contact An Attorney About My Car Accident Claim?
You should contact an attorney about your car accident claim as soon as possible, ideally within a few days of the accident. There are a few reasons for this:
- The statute of limitations. In most states, you have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit after a car accident. The statute of limitations in California is two years from the date of the accident. If you miss the deadline, you will be barred from recovering any damages for your injuries.
- The evidence. The sooner you contact an attorney, the sooner they can start gathering evidence to support your claim. This includes things like photos of the accident scene, medical records, and witness statements. The evidence is essential to proving your case and getting the compensation you deserve.
- The insurance company. The insurance company for the other driver will likely contact you soon after the accident. They may try to pressure you into giving a recorded statement or settling for a low amount of money. An attorney can help you protect your rights and negotiate a fair settlement.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can help you understand your legal rights, gather evidence, and negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company.
Contact Delano’s Car Accident Lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group Today
If you have been injured in a car accident, then you need an experienced Delano car accident lawyer who will help you navigate difficult legal and medical obstacles that you will undoubtedly encounter. Call the Pacific Attorney Group today at 1-800-358-9617 and get connected to an experienced Delano car accident lawyer who will fight aggressively for you. There is never a fee unless we win your case and your initial consultation is free.