Our Clovis Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Clovis is a city in Fresno County, California, United States, and is popularly known as the “Gateway to the Sierra.” The city is in close proximity to California State Highway 99, providing a direct route south to Los Angeles (via Interstate 5) and north to Sacramento, the state capital. With a sunny climate and proximity to natural wonders, Clovis residents enjoy a relaxed California lifestyle. If you or your loved one has been involved in a car accident, speak with our qualified Clovis car accident lawyer in order to receive fair compensation in your accident claim.
Pursuing Compensation For Car Accident Injuries in Clovis, CA
If you have been injured in a car accident and are looking to pursue compensation, there are several factors to consider.
- First and foremost, it is important to seek medical attention for your injuries. This will not only ensure your well-being but also provide documented evidence of your injuries.
- Additionally, gathering evidence such as accident reports, photographs, and witness statements can strengthen your case.
- It is also advisable to consult with a Clovis car accident lawyer who specializes in car accident cases. They can guide you through the legal process and help you determine the appropriate compensation to seek based on factors such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and property damages
What If I Was Partially Liable for My California Car Accident?
If you were partially liable for your California car accident, you may still be able to recover compensation for your injuries and other losses. This is because California is a pure comparative fault state, which means that you can recover damages even if you are found to be partially at fault for the accident. However, the amount of compensation you recover will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
It is important to note that California is one of only a few states that follows the pure comparative fault rule. In most other states, there is a “50% bar” to recovery, which means that you cannot recover any damages if you are found to be more than 50% at fault for the accident.
If you were partially liable for a car accident in California, it is important to speak with an experienced Clovis car accident lawyer to discuss your legal options. An attorney can help you determine your percentage of fault and can help you file a claim for compensation.
Things to keep in mind if you were partially liable for a car accident in California:
- The insurance company for the other driver may try to deny your claim or offer you a low settlement. It is important to have an attorney represent you to protect your rights.
- You may be able to recover damages for both economic and non-economic losses. Economic losses include medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage. Non-economic losses include pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim in California is two years. This means that you have two years from the accident date to file a claim.
Importance of Consulting a Car Accident Attorney in Clovis
Car accidents can be a traumatic experience, both physically and emotionally. If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. A car accident attorney in Clovis can help you understand your legal rights and options, and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- To protect your legal rights: After a car accident, the insurance company for the at-fault driver will likely contact you. They may try to pressure you into accepting a settlement that is much lower than what you are entitled to. An experienced car accident attorney can help you negotiate with the insurance company and ensure that you get the full and fair compensation you deserve.
- To gather evidence: After a car accident, it is important to gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim. This includes photos of the accident scene, medical records, and witness statements. A car accident attorney can help you gather this evidence and ensure that it is properly preserved.
- To represent you in court: If your case goes to trial, you will need an experienced Clovis car accident attorney to represent you. A good attorney will know the law and be able to effectively advocate for your case.
Qualities of the Best Car Accident Lawyer
- Experience. A car accident attorney should have a significant amount of experience handling car accident cases. They should be familiar with the laws of California and the tactics used by insurance companies.
- Competency. A car accident attorney should be competent in handling all aspects of a car accident case, from gathering evidence to negotiating with insurance companies to representing clients in court.
- Communication. A car accident attorney should be able to communicate effectively with clients. They should be able to explain the legal process in a way that is easy to understand and they should keep clients updated on the status of their case.
- Compassion. A car accident attorney should be compassionate and understanding of the emotional and financial hardships that clients face after a car accident. They should be able to provide support and guidance throughout the legal process.
If you have been injured in a car accident, consult with a Clovis car accident attorney in Clovis as soon as possible. An experienced Clovis car accident lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group can help you protect your legal rights and get the compensation you deserve.
Call Clovis car accident lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group Today to Discuss Your Case
If you have been injured in a car accident, then you need an experienced car accident lawyer that will help you navigate difficult legal and medical obstacles that you will undoubtedly encounter. Call the Pacific Attorney Group today at 1-800-358-9617 and get connected to an experienced Clovis car accident lawyer who will fight aggressively for you. There is never a fee unless we win your case and your initial consultation is free.