2 Hospitalized after Chico Accident at Cohasset Road and Azalea Avenue, Maximilian Freels Arrested
Chico, California (August 19, 2021) – Two people were injured, one seriously, following a suspected DUI accident in Chico Tuesday afternoon, according to a report by the Chico Police Department.
The two-vehicle accident took place near Cohasset Road and Azalea Avenue at around 2:47 p.m.
A Mazda 3 was reportedly making a left turn onto Cohasset from Azalea Avenue when it was hit by a Dodge Charger driven by 23-year-old Maximilian Freels of Chico north on Cohasset Road at a high rate of speed.
Major Injury Chico Crash
A 17-year-old passenger riding in the Mazda sustained minor injuries while its motorist suffered major injuries in the accident.
The driver was transported to the Enloe Medical Center for medication
Maximilian, who was intoxicated at the accident time, sustained minor injuries and was taken to an area hospital before being arrested for felony DUI and other charges
The mishap resulted in the closure of the intersection for five hours.
An investigation into the crash is underway.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.