Amjad Manifah Hurt in Copperopolis Crash at O’Byrnes Ferry Road and Highway 4
Amjad Manifah Among 6 Injured in Crash at O’Byrnes Ferry Road and Highway 4 in Copperopolis
Copperopolis, California (August 10, 2021) – Amjad Manifah, 21, of Sacramento, was among six people who were injured following a Sunday afternoon traffic crash in a Copperopolis intersection, the California Highway Patrol reported.
The wreck happened at about 2:45 p.m. Sunday, August 8, at the intersection of O’Byrnes Ferry Road and Highway 4.
According to the CHP, a 2006 Toyota Avalon was traveling northbound on O’Byrnes Ferry Road, approaching the stop sign at Highway 4 when it entered the intersection and traveled directly into the path of a 2012 Ford F-150 that was heading westbound on Highway 4 at approximately 55 miles per hour.
The right side of the Toyota collided with the front of the Ford. As a result of the collision, the two vehicles spun out of control and stopped at the northwest corner of the intersection.
6 Injured in Copperopolis Car Crash at O’Byrnes Ferry Road and Highway 4
Manifah, who was one of three passengers in the Toyota, sustained moderate injuries and was transported to Modesto Memorial.
The driver of the Toyota was also hospitalized at the Modesto Memorial with moderate injuries. The remaining two passengers were transported to Doctors Medical Center with major injuries.
The driver of the Ford suffered minor injuries and was taken to Modesto Memorial while his passenger had major injuries and was transported to Doctors Medical Center.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the crash.
The collision remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.