Brittany Turner ID’d as Woman Killed in Lake County Crash on Highway 20 near Blue Lakes Road
Lake County, California (August 4, 2021) – The Lake County Sheriff’s Office has identified the woman who died following a head-on collision Saturday afternoon in Lake County as Brittany Marie Turner, 31, of Ukiah.
The California Highway Patrol said the deadly crash happened at around 2:50 p.m. Saturday, July 31, on Highway 20, just west of Blue Lakes Road.
According to the CHP, a 1997 Mazda Protege sedan, driven by Turner, was heading eastbound on Highway 20 approaching a 2001 Volkswagen Jetta that was heading westbound.
For unknown reasons, the Mazda sedan crossed over the solid double yellow lines and collided head-on with the Volkswagen.
Following the collision, the two vehicles became disabled in the westbound lane of the highway.
Victim in Deadly Lake County Head-On Crash Identified as Ukiah Woman
Emergency crews responded to the scene and extricated Turner who was trapped in the wreckage. She was pronounced dead at the scene, despite life-saving measures administered by medical personnel.
A passenger in the Mazda sedan sustained major injuries while the driver of the Volkswagen and his passenger had minor injuries.
Alcohol or drugs were not considered a factor in the collision.
The crash remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.