Brawley Accident on Highway 86 near Poe Road Sends One Person to Hospital
Brawley, California (March 2, 2021) – One person was hospitalized with serious injuries after being involved in a two-vehicle collision on a highway in Brawley Saturday night.
The major injury crash happened shortly before 8:50 p.m. along Highway 86 at the port of entry near Poe Road.
The California Highway Patrol did not establish how a silver Ford Explorer and a silver Volkswagen Jetta collided on the roadway’s southbound side.
Due to the impact, one of the involved cars overturned onto its side and acquired major front-end damage.
1 Hospitalized after Brawley Car Crash
One person, whose name was not revealed, was rushed to a local hospital for treatment of major injuries sustained in the mishap.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
Being involved in a car accident can leave you confused and unable to make quick decisions that can help you deal with the aftermath of the crash. It is important to know the steps to take after a car crash before being involved in one.
Here are helpful tips on actions you should take when involved in an auto accident:
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call: 866-803-6502.