Our Long Beach Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
The injuries resulting from a truck accident are often catastrophic, and the occupants of a smaller vehicle are far more likely to be injured than the driver of the truck. In these cases, the accident can often be traced back to negligence, some act, or inaction on the part of an individual or company that has resulted in a failure to act with reasonable care for the safety of others. A Long Beach truck accident lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group may be able to help if you were injured or lost a loved one in an accident with a commercial truck.
A tired truck driver forced to forgo rest breaks to make a delivery deadline, a careless loading company that overloads a truck, or a truck driver who is texting while driving – in any of these scenarios a serious collision may result. Representing clients throughout Southern California, we strive to provide only the highest quality legal counsel as we seek justice and maximum compensation. Negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, and shipping companies can be held legally responsible if they cause traffic accidents. Our Long beach truck accident lawyer’s goal is to hold them accountable so our clients can get the financial support they need to rebuild their lives.
Causes of Truck Collisions
Truck accidents have various causes, or factors that contribute to their occurrence, including:
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers often work long hours, which can lead to fatigue. Fatigue can impair a driver’s judgment and reaction time, making them more likely to cause an accident.
- Speeding: Truck drivers are often under pressure to deliver their loads on time, which can lead them to speed. Speeding is a major factor in many truck accidents.
- Distracted driving: Truck drivers can be distracted by a variety of things, including talking on the phone, texting, and eating. Distracted driving is a major factor in many truck accidents.
- Impaired driving: Truck drivers are prohibited from driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, but some drivers still do. Impaired driving can significantly impair a driver’s judgment and reaction time, making them much more likely to cause an accident.
- Equipment failure: Truck accidents can also be caused by equipment failure, such as brake failure, tire blowouts, and steering problems.
- Overloading and Improper loading: If cargo is not properly loaded onto a truck, it can shift during transport and cause the truck to become unbalanced. This can lead to jackknife accidents, rollovers, and other accidents. If a truck is overloaded, it can become difficult to control and more likely to brake problems. In a rollover accident, overloading can make the truck more likely to roll over.
- Poor roads and Weather Conditions: Poor road conditions, such as potholes, debris, and uneven pavement, can also contribute to truck accidents. Bad weather conditions, such as rain, snow, and fog, can also make it difficult for truck drivers to see and control their vehicles.
Due to the severity of truck accidents and the complexities involved in seeking compensation and protecting one’s rights, it is crucial to have specialized Long Beach truck accident lawyer who can navigate the legal landscape and ensure that victims receive the compensation they deserve
Measures to Prevent Truck Collisions
Long Beach has a history of trucking accidents, emphasizing the risks associated with working, residing, or visiting the area. Records show that Southern California had over 27,000 truck-related accidents from 1992 to 1997. To prevent truck collisions, several measures can be taken:
- Driver Training: Proper training programs can educate truck drivers on safe driving practices, fatigue management, and defensive driving techniques.
- Enforcement of Regulations: Strict enforcement of traffic rules, hours of service regulations, and maintenance standards can help ensure compliance and reduce the risk of accidents.
- Regular Vehicle Inspections: Routine inspections and maintenance of trucks can identify and address mechanical issues before they cause accidents.
- Improvements in Road Infrastructure: Investing in road maintenance, repairing potholes, and improving road design can enhance safety for all vehicles, including trucks.
- Implementation of Technologies: Advanced technologies like fatigue detection systems, distraction monitoring, and collision avoidance systems can assist drivers in avoiding accidents.
By addressing these factors and implementing preventive measures, the frequency and severity of truck collisions can be reduced, leading to safer roads for everyone involved. If you or someone you know has been injured in a truck accident, it is important to contact an experienced Long beach truck accident lawyer to discuss your legal options. A Long Beach truck accident attorney can help you to determine the cause of the accident and to pursue compensation for your losses.
Suffered Injuries in a Truck collision? Speak with a Long Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
Considering their immense size, it is no wonder that commercial vehicles can cause catastrophic injuries when involved in traffic accidents. A fully loaded big rig may weigh 80,000 pounds or even more. Add to the fact that large trucks may be carrying hazardous or extremely heavy cargo, and the chances of injury are great. The people most frequently injured in truck accidents are not the truck drivers themselves but rather occupants of other, smaller vehicles.
Some of the most common injuries in truck accidents include:
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
If you have been injured in a truck accident in Long Beach, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Even if you do not feel any pain right away, it is important to be evaluated for injuries by a doctor. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not manifest symptoms for several days or even weeks after the accident. Remember, time is of the essence when it comes to filing a truck accident claim, as there are strict deadlines that must be adhered to. Therefore, it is important to consult with a Long Beach truck accident lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights and begin the legal process.
Loading Issues & Large Trucks in Long Beach, CA
Commercial trucks carry all types of cargo in Long Beach, across California, and throughout the United States. This may include lumber, heavy equipment, motor vehicles, produce and other food, gasoline, hazardous waste, livestock, office supplies, furniture, retail goods, and more. This cargo must be properly loaded, balanced, and secured for maximum safety. If it is not, the consequences may be disastrous.
Loading issues can cause truck accidents in a variety of ways. Some of the most common loading issues that can lead to accidents include:
- Overloading: When a truck is overloaded, it can become difficult to control and more likely to brake problems. In a rollover accident, overloading can make the truck more likely to roll over.
- Improperly secured cargo: If cargo is not properly secured, it can shift during transport and cause the truck to become unbalanced. This can lead to jackknife accidents, rollovers, and other accidents.
- Uneven weight distribution: If the weight of the cargo is not evenly distributed throughout the trailer, it can cause the truck to become unbalanced and more likely to roll over.
- High center of gravity: If the center of gravity of the truck is too high, it can make the truck more likely to roll over. This can happen if the cargo is too heavy or if it is loaded too high in the trailer.
It is crucial to follow proper loading procedures, including evenly distributing the cargo and securely immobilizing or restraining it within the vehicle, to ensure safe transportation and prevent accidents. Have you been injured in a truck accident involving an unbalanced or unsecured load, or perhaps an overloaded vehicle? With a Long Beach truck accident lawyer from our firm by your side, you have the invaluable opportunity to hold a negligent driver, trucking company, or other party accountable for improperly loading a truck.
Who is Held Liable in Truck Accident Claims In Long Beach, CA
The following parties may be held liable in truck accident claims in Long Beach, CA:
- The truck driver: The truck driver is the most likely party to be held liable in a truck accident claim. Truck drivers have a duty to operate their vehicles safely and in accordance with the law. If a truck driver breaches this duty of care and causes an accident, they may be held liable for the damages caused.
- The trucking company: The trucking company may also be held liable for a truck accident if the accident was caused by the company’s negligence. For example, if the trucking company hired an unqualified driver or failed to maintain its trucks properly, the company may be held liable for the accident.
- The cargo owner: The cargo owner may also be held liable for a truck accident if the accident was caused by the improper loading or securing of the cargo.
- The manufacturer of the truck or trailer: The manufacturer of the truck or trailer may also be held liable for a truck accident if the accident was caused by a defect in the truck or trailer.
- A third party: In some cases, a third party may also be held liable for a truck accident. For example, if the accident was caused by a defective road or by another driver’s negligence, the third party may be held liable for the accident.
If you would like to discuss what may have caused your truck accident and your right to compensation, call our offices for a complimentary case review with our Long beach truck accident lawyer. Our team has experience in negotiating and litigating commercial vehicle accident cases against the largest corporations. Contact a Long Beach truck accident attorney today!
How Can a Long Beach Truck Accident Lawyer Help with My Truck Accident Claim or Lawsuit?
Truck accident cases are notoriously complex. They often cause catastrophic injuries, may involve complicated liability issues, and may require going up against a large corporation to seek financial compensation. A Long beach truck accident lawyer who is experienced in handling these matters can provide help in a number of ways:
- Experience and knowledge: Truck accident lawyers have the experience and knowledge to handle complex cases and deal with insurance companies. They know how to investigate truck accidents, gather evidence, and build a strong case.
- Resources: Truck accident lawyers have access to resources such as investigators and experts who can help build your case. This can be especially important in truck accident cases, which can be complex and involve multiple parties.
- Negotiation skills: Truck accident lawyers know how to negotiate with insurance companies to get you the best possible settlement. They are skilled at negotiating on behalf of their clients and getting them the compensation they deserve.
- Trial experience: If your case cannot be settled, a truck accident lawyer can represent you in court. Truck accident lawyers have experience with trial law and know how to present your case to a judge and jury.
- Filing a claim: Truck accident lawyers can help you file a claim with the insurance company. They know how to fill out the necessary paperwork and submit the required documentation.
- Dealing with insurance companies: Truck accident lawyers can deal with insurance companies on your behalf. They know how to negotiate with insurance companies and get them to pay out your claim.
- Getting the compensation you deserve: Truck accident lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. They can help you recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Take the first step in seeking justice after a serious accident – contact a Long Beach truck accident lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group today.
Contact Long Beach Accident Lawyer At Pacific Attorney Group Today
If you or someone you care about has suffered injuries in a truck collision in Long Beach, speak with our Long Beach truck accident lawyer to get justice. Our skilled attorney can help you identify all potentially liable parties, such as the truck driver, the trucking company, or even the manufacturer of the truck or its components. This can be crucial in ensuring that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
By hiring a Long Beach truck accident attorney, you can have peace of mind knowing that your legal rights are protected and that you have a knowledgeable advocate fighting for your best interests. They will work diligently to negotiate with insurance companies and, if necessary, take your case to court to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.