Pedestrian Hospitalized after Arden-Arcade Accident at El Camino Avenue and Fulton Avenue
Arden-Arcade, California (August 3, 2021) – Arden-Arcade accident involving a pedestrian at an intersection in Arden-Arcade Monday afternoon sent one person to the hospital, the California Highway Patrol said.
The CHP responded to the major injury crash site at El Camino and Fulton avenues just around 3:44 p.m.
An individual was reportedly hit by a black Toyota Tacoma at the Arden-Arcade intersection under unclear circumstances.
Major Injury Arden-Arcade Accident
The pedestrian sustained major injuries, including a possible broken leg following the crash. The unidentified person was rushed to a local hospital for medication.
As per the report, the Toyota motorist remained at the crash site and cooperated with the law enforcers.
The crash resulted in the closure of the intersection for an unknown time.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Were you or your loved one involved in a pedestrian accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.