Antonio B. Monico Injured in Sonoma County Crash on Highway 121 near De Mattos Road
Sonoma County, California (August 16, 2019) – Antonio B. Monico, 56, of Novato was among two drivers hospitalized following a two-vehicle collision on Wednesday night in Sonoma County, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash took place at about 8:23 p.m. August 14, on Highway 121 north of De Mattos Road.
CHP said a 2013 Chevy Captiva was traveling on the highway when it drifted across the double yellow lines and collided head-on with an oncoming 2018 Jeep Cherokee driven by Monico.
Antonio B. Monico Injured in Sonoma County Car Crash
The Sonoma Valley Fire & Rescue Authority responded to the incident and extricated Monico from his car. He was then airlifted to Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa with moderate injuries.
The Chevy driver also suffered moderate injuries and was taken by ambulance to Queen of the Valley Medical Center.
CHP said alcohol and drugs were unlikely factors in the crash.
The incident is under investigation.
Every year, several traffic accidents are reported in California. Unfortunately, accidents result in many fatalities and even more injuries. The causes of these traffic accidents range from distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, reckless driving, bad weather, wrong-way driving and failure to observe traffic laws. It is evident that negligence on the part of motorists is the leading cause of these accidents.
If you or your loved one was injured in this collision, Pacific Attorney Group could provide you with a police report on the accident. The report is important in deciding on the steps you should take.
Pacific Attorney Group could help you seek compensation for medical bills, pain, and income lost as a result of the negligence of a third party.
Call us today at Click to call : 1-800-358-9617 to speak with a personal injury attorney.
What to Do Immediately after a Car Accident
Car accidents happen very fast leaving the motorist without much time to make decisions. However, the actions a motorist takes after the collision are important in ensuring the safety of their passengers and other motorists. Drivers are encouraged to take the following actions after the crash.
- Stay at the scene of the accident. However, the vehicle should be moved safely away from traffic to avoid possible collisions.
- Check on the safety of the passengers and other drivers and promptly notify the authorities.
- Exchange vital information with the other drivers. If possible, exchange contacts with witnesses.
- Take photos of the damage to your car.
- Contact your insurance company immediately. You are encouraged to disclose all the vital information as truthfully as possible.
- Keep all the medical records and keep track of all the related expenses.