American Canyon Accident at Highway 29 and American Canyon Road Seriously injures Pedestrian
American Canyon, California (August 3, 2021) – A 64-year-old American Canyon woman was hospitalized with serious injuries following a pedestrian accident at an intersection in American Canyon Saturday morning.
The major injury crash took place in the area of Highway 29 and American Canyon Road at approximately 9:10 a.m. on July 31.
As per the California Highway Patrol report, a 2006 Toyota Tacoma traveling north on Highway 29 was making a turn onto east American Canyon Road when it struck a pedestrian who was crossing the intersection in the crosswalk.
Major Injury American Canyon Crash
The female party sustained major injuries, including a head trauma following the accident. The victim, whose name was not revealed, was attended to by paramedics before being taken to Providence Queen of the Valley Medical Center for further treatment.
She was later transferred to the Kaiser Permanente Vacaville Medical Center.
The involved motorist remained at the scene and cooperated with the law enforcers.
More information about this accident will be released immediately after the CHP completes the investigation.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Were you or your loved one involved in a pedestrian accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.