Woman Killed in Fresno Crash on Highway 99 near Jensen Avenue
Fresno, California (August 23, 2021) – A woman was killed after a car slammed into the back of a semi-truck early Monday morning in southwest Fresno, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The deadly crash occurred shortly before 2:00 a.m. on the southbound side of Highway 99, just south of Jensen Avenue.
CHP said the woman was driving a blue four-door southbound on Highway 99 when, for unknown reasons, she rear-ended a semi-truck.
Following the collision, the car became wedged underneath the truck. Emergency responders used special equipment to help pull the car from beneath the truck.
Car, Semi-Truck Collide on Highway 99 in Fresno Kills 1
The woman, whose name was withheld pending next of kin’s notification, was declared dead at the scene.
Authorities believed the driver of the truck was over the speed limit when the accident happened. It is undetermined if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.
The accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you have lost someone you love in a car accident and need legal help, call our law office at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.