Major Injuries Sustained in West Sacramento Crash on 80 Freeway near Capital Avenue
West Sacramento, California (August 14, 2021) – The California Highway Patrol is investigating a multi-vehicle collision that happened Friday afternoon in West Sacramento, resulting in major injuries.
The pileup happened at about 5:51 p.m. on westbound 80 Freeway, near W Capital Avenue.
CHP said six vehicles collided for unknown reasons, leaving two of them facing the wrong way.
Firefighters and paramedics responded to the scene to find at least one person with serious injuries.
No information was given about the patient’s condition and the hospital they were taken to for treatment.
An investigation into the wreck is ongoing.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one were involved in a car accident and need legal help, contact Pacific Attorney Group. Click to call : 866-803-6502.