2 Injured, 1 Critically, in Wasco Car Accident at Scofield Avenue and McCombs Road
Wasco, California (August 19, 2021) – Two people were injured, one critically, in a crash that happened in the area of Scofield Avenue and McCombs Road in Wasco on Thursday morning, according to the Kern County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies responded at around 11:40 a.m. to the crash involving two vehicles.
One of the drivers was pinned in one of the vehicles and was extricated by the Kern County Department firefighters.
2 Hurt in Wasco Car Accident at Scofield Avenue and McCombs Road
The extricated driver was taken to a hospital with major injuries.
The second motorist was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
Deputies said the crash impacted a utility pole.
An investigation to find out the cause of the wreck is underway.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.