16-Year-Old Boy Hospitalized after Victorville Pedestrian Accident at Topaz Road and Arvila Drive
Victorville, California (August 12, 2021) – A 16-year-old boy was hospitalized after being struck by a vehicle Wednesday morning at an intersection in Victorville, according to a local news source.
The crash occurred at around 7:16 a.m. Wednesday, August 11, at the intersection of Topaz Road and Arvila Drive.
The boy reportedly ran into the roadway between two vehicles that were stopped in the road leaving Cobalt Institute of Math and Science.
For an unknown reason, a Ford pickup truck traveling at about 15 mph struck the boy.
Boy Injured After Being Hit by Vehicle in Victorville
The juvenile was transported to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The pickup truck driver stopped at the scene and was cooperative, authorities said.
No further details about the crash were immediately provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Notable Pedestrian Accident Statistics According to the California Office of Traffic Safety:
- 893 pedestrians were killed, and more than 14,000 were injured on California roadways in 2018.
- California’s pedestrian fatality is almost 25% higher than the national average.
- California is among the leading states in pedestrian deaths.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Make yourself visible to other road users by wearing bright colored clothes, reflector jackets, or using a flashlight when walking at night.
- Avoid distractions such as using your phone while on the streets.
- Cross streets on marked crosswalks and obey traffic lights.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings.
- Be predictable by observing all traffic rules and obeying signs and signals.
Safety Tips for Drivers
- Look out for pedestrians, particularly in hard-to-see conditions, for example, at night and in bad weather.
- Yield and be ready to stop whenever a pedestrian has the right-of-way.
- Be cautious when parking or backing up – pedestrians can move across your path.
- Observe all traffic rules.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.