Rider Sustains Major Injuries in Upland Motorcycle Crash on 210 Freeway near Mountain Avenue
Upland, California (August 13, 2021) – A motorcyclist suffered severe injuries in a Thursday afternoon traffic collision that happened on a freeway in Upland, the California Highway Patrol said.
The fiery collision occurred at about 2:16 p.m. on westbound 210 Freeway, near Mountain Avenue.
Reportedly, the motorcyclist crashed into the back of a van under unclear circumstances.
Both the rider and the motorcycle went down after the first impact, and the bike caught fire.
First responders found the rider with serious injuries. An ambulance was requested to take the victim to the hospital.
No other information was available.
CHP is investigating the incident.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Statistics in California
- More than 500 motorcyclists died, and more than 15,500 were injured in 2017 in California.
- About 80% of all annual motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death.
- California has over 800,000 registered motorcycles, the largest in the nation.
Tips for Safe Riding of Motorcycles
- Ensure you are properly licensed before riding a motorcycle.
- Practice how to operate a motorcycle properly.
- Wear the proper protection.
- Ride responsibly.
Were you or your loved one involved in a motorcycle accident? Contact Pacific Attorney Group for legal advice. Click to call : 866-803-6502.